With Mac OS X v10.5.7, 10.5.8, or 10.6 and later, you may be prompted to enter the name and password of a user in the “lpadmin” group when adding a printer, removing a printer, or adjusting printer settings.
Mac OS X v10.5.7, 10.5.8
- Determine which administrator it is that users on the computer are prompted to enter the name and password of in the “lpadmin” group, when adjusting printer settings.
- Log in as an administrator user who is able to adjust printer settings without being prompted to enter the name and password. If all administrator users are experiencing this behavior, or if there is only one administrator account on the computer, use the Accounts pane of System Preferences to add a temporary administrator account, then login as this new administrator user.
- From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences, then click Accounts.
- Select the name of an administrator user who is unable to adjust printer settings.
- Click the box next to “Allow user to administer this computer” to remove the checkmark from this box.
- Click the box next to “Allow user to administer this computer” to add the checkmark back to this box.
- Repeat steps 4 through 7 for each remaining administrator user who is unable to adjust printer settings.
- Log in as one of the administrator users who could previously not adjust printer settings and verify that they can now adjust printer settings.
- If a temporary administrator user was created in step 2, the temporary user can now be removed using the Accounts pane of System Preferences.
iPhone Repair Dallas
2629 N Stemmons Fwy
Dallas, TX 75207
Phone: (214) 810-0717
Hours: 10:00 am — 7:00 pm (Monday – Sunday)