Sixth iteration of Apple iPhone, announced on September 12, 2012. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, requiring screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.
Background and Identification
The iPhone 5 is Apple’s 6th iteration of the iPhone. Announced on September 12, 2012 at an Apple event at the Yerba Buena Theater in San Francisco, the iPhone 5 improves on the body styling of the iPhone 4 line by increasing the screen size and reducing the weight and thickness of the device. The update also saw the inclusion of LTE cellular wireless networking, and the introduction of a new, proprietary I/O connector—the Lightning connector.
It’s easy to distinguish the iPhone 5 from previous models by its 4″ display, aluminum-and-glass rear panel, and all-new Lightning connector. In addition, the iPhone’s headphone jack was moved from the top to the bottom of the phone just like the iPod Touch lineup.
Announce date: September 12, 2012
Model: A1428, A1429
Operating System: iOS 6
Display (Retina Display):
- 4 in (102 mm)
- Multitouch widescreen
- 640 x 1136 pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- LED backlit IPS TFT LCD
- Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating on front
Camera: Contains both front and rear facing cameras.
- Front Camera
- Portrait photos at 1.2 MP
- VGA (720p) at 30fps
- Support for FaceTime over cellular + wifi
- Rear Camera
- 8 MP
- HD Video (1080p) at 30fps
- LED Flash
- IR filter
- 5 element lens
- Facial recognition / image stabilization
- Panorama photo
- Photo while recording video
Processor: Apple A6
RAM: 1 GB DDR2
Storage: 16, 32, 64 GB Flash Memory
- Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GSM model A1428: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- CDMA model A1429: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- Digital Compass
- GPS and GLONASS signal reception
Battery: 3.8 V, 1440 mAh lithium-ion polymer
Dimensions: 4.87 × 2.31 × 0.30 in (123.8 × 58.6 × 7.6 mm)
Weight: 112 g (4.0 oz)
Colors: Black/Slate or White/Silver
Why You Should Choose Us?
- We use the highest quality iPhone replacement parts:
We are one of the iPhone repair service providers in DFW that provides top quality original iPhone parts.
- We are fast and efficient:
We can repair your iPhone in about 15 minutes. In some cases you have to wait for an hour or make two trips to a repair shop to drop and then pickup your iPhone.
- We provide best warranty:
We provide limited term warranty on our replacement parts.(Warranty varies from 3 months to life-time depending upon the part)
- Our iPhone repair rates are competitive and best in town:
Our repair rates are competitive with other repair places around DFW.
- Future repair discounts and offers:
We provide discounts and special offers to our returning customers.