About error 53
After you try to update or restore your iOS device in iTunes on your Mac or PC, you might see error 53 in iTunes and “Connect to iTunes” on your device. Error 53 appears when a device fails a security test. This test was designed to check whether Touch ID works properly before the device leaves the factory, and wasn’t intended to affect customers.
For anyone who experienced error 53, Apple released an update in iOS 9.3 to allow you to successfully restore your device using iTunes on your Mac or PC. Use the steps in this article to restore and recover your device. If you believe that you paid for an out-of-warranty device replacement based on an error 53 issue, contact Apple Support to ask about reimbursement.
What you should do
- If iTunes is open on your Mac or PC, quit iTunes.
- If your iOS device is plugged into your computer, unplug it.
- Make sure that your device has the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes and select your device.
- When you see the option in iTunes to Restore or Update, click Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS and restore your device without erasing your data.1
- If you can’t get past the Apple logo screen, force restart2 your iOS device. When you see the option to Restore or Update, click Restore.
- When you see your iOS device’s Hello screen, follow the onscreen steps to set up your device.
- If you previously backed up your device, you can set up from your backup.
- When you see the screen for Touch ID, tap Set up Touch ID later.
- If Touch ID on your device didn’t work before you saw error 53, the feature still won’t work after you update or restore your device. Contact Apple Support to ask about service options for Touch ID.
iPhone Repair Dallas
2629 N Stemmons Fwy
Dallas, TX 75207
Phone: (214) 810-0717
Hours: 10:00 am — 7:00 pm (Monday – Sunday)
ios restore errors 4005, ios restore error 4013, itunes restore errors, ios restore error 3194, ios restore error 3004, ios restore error 11, ios restore error 9, ios restore error 21, ios restore error 4014, ios restore error 14, ios restore errors, iphone restore error after jailbreak, iphone restore failed after jailbreak, iphone restore activation error, ipad restore activation error, iphone restore after failed update, ios 7 restore activation error, ios update and restore errors, itunes restore error bypass, itunes restore error bypasser download, iphone restore error blue screen, iphone restore error baseband, iphone restore error bypass, iphone restore failed black screen, iphone restore backup error, ipad restore backup error, iphone restore build error, itunes restore backup error not enough space, ios restore error codes, ios restore error code 9, ios restore error code 53, ios restore error code 3194, ios restore error code 14, itunes restore error codes, iphone restore error code 9, iphone restore error code 1, iphone restore error code 2001, iphone restore error code 21, iphone restore error disk full, itunes restore error device not eligible, iphone restore error device cannot be found, iphone restore error device could not be found, itunes restore error device could not be found