If you’re having issues with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch accessory, try these steps.
Check the compatibility
Make sure the accessory is compatible with your device. If the accessory is on the Apple Online Store, you can see if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch model is listed as compatible.
If your accessory uses the 30-pin connector, you might be able to connect it to your device using the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter or Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m).
See if your accessory’s compatibility is limited. For example, some accessories might not charge iOS devices if they use FireWire instead of USB to charge.
Update your software
Install the latest version of iOS. You can see which version is on your iPhone by going to the About screen.
Disconnect and inspect the accessory, then restart your device
- Disconnect the accessory and turn it off, if possible.
- Inspect the connection between the accessory and device and make sure that no debris or other damage is present.
- Restart your iOS device by turning it off, then back on. When the Home screen appears, reconnect the accessory.
Try a different device
Make sure the issue is with the accessory, if possible. Always use an identical or similar, compatible device with the accessory you’re troubleshooting.
- If there’s static coming from the left audio channel when you use headphones, try connecting the headphones to a similar device.
- If the device isn’t syncing when connected to the dock, connect it directly to the computer using the Apple 30-pin to USB Cable or try another USB port.
- If you’re using Lightning to 30-pin Adapter in a connection chain, try using the same adapter on a similar or identical device.
Search Apple Support
Search for any topics about this accessory. Use the name of the accessory as your keyword in quotation marks:
- “iPhone Dock”
- “Bluetooth Headset”
- “Stereo Headset”
- “Earphones with Remote and Mic”
- “In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic”
- “iPad Keyboard Dock”
Restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restore your iOS device. You should rarely need to use this step with an accessory issue. If the issue only affects a third-party accessory, contact the manufacturer before restoring the device.
iPhone Repair Dallas
2629 N Stemmons Fwy
Dallas, TX 75207
Phone: (214) 810-0717
Hours: 10:00 am — 7:00 pm (Monday – Sunday)